Friday 1 June 2012

Sailors views... (Friday)



Four out of Five, Max, Martin, Arran and Jamie



Arran (Einstein) - Chilling watching the worst session of washing up in the history of man kind (Max and Jamie).  Finally discovered that heavy wind sailing is all in the head! good day today... looking forwards to the racing tomorrow! Pic below...



Martin (nickname pending) - Today was absolutely amazing! Managed to do my first pitchpole, which was one of the most fun things I have ever done. I somehow managed to slice my thumb open with the metal from the eyelet on the tack, which was pretty deep but was sorted by Carla and I soon went sailing. Learnt a lot today, mainly about mainsheet control which I realised was very important in gusty conditions.
(coaches note: "mountain out of a mole hill" springs to mind) 



Jamie (Wee Haggis) - Today was just like SCOTLAND heavy winds, the first time in months since i have hiked. Have a few chores to do on the boat before tomorrow. Tomorrow is to be the same conditions as today which will be brilliant.Sharing a room with Maxi boy.... time to get some sleep!
(coaches note: not quite like Scotland, it was warm and didn't rain!)



Maximus Decimus Meridius, father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife (Max) - and I will have my vengeance in this life or the next.

Everyone seems to be complaining about waking up early... well I got out of bed at 12:30pm. I suppose there are benefits to arriving early. Well after waking up I was reunited with the team minus Milo (miss u lots). So I helped the guys sort out their boats and then we had some much needed lunch. The sailing today was awesome. Loads of wind and lots of learning. Chilling out now and about to watch a bit of transformers, planning on transforming into a fat monster for the windy weather tomorrow. All for now... over and out!



Tim (coach) - Good day on the water, particularly useful for checking the charter boats and working out what needs to improve before we do this for real in the Dominican! Some useful pointers for the sailors about strong wind mainsheet control and technique. Early start tomorrow with up to 4 races!

No comments:

Post a Comment